---------
We have been home for almost four weeks now, but I haven't had a chance to complete this blog properly and it just doesn't seem right if I don't at least make an attempt at it!
Our time in England was obviously very full as I really didn't have time to sort through photos and update the blog after mid June!!
July was filled with family and fun. Three highlights in particular: (1) the arrival of my niece Jessica. Having time with her for about three weeks was heavenly for all of us. (2) the family vacation in Cornwall, the second week when the sun came out!! and finally, (3) the Olympics.
Our first week in Cornwall was spent near Penzance. Jessica, Jake, Sofia, Emily, Beryl and I enjoyed a lovely converted barn as our home for a week. The weather was not great but we still were able to see some sights and truly RELAX!
The second week, Sally, Kate and John all joined us. We were on the lizard peninsula, in a lovely farmhouse with a great garden that allowed the kids to chase each other and play tag. The weather improved to the point that we had beautiful hot summer days and I think everyone, despite wearing sunscreen, got a tan!
It was sad to leave Cornwall at the end of July. But like everything in life, all things must come to an end. I took Jess into London and met up with her mom/dad. I then met back up with everyone again (apart from Beryl) and we spent about three days in London at the Olympics. We were fortunate enough to spend our last last afternoon with my brother, sister in law and Jess, which included a picnic in the park near Buckingham Palace, with Pimms, good food and of course, a little cricket activity!
We re-entered the United States on August 2 -- the heat and humidity relentless in their welcome!! We had to hit the ground running - kids were back in school the next day, soccer practices were already in full motion, visits to doctors, dentists etc... were made, and boxes needed to be retrieved from storage and unpacked. The list goes on...
We are finally more or less settled. But after such a great experience, I don't think it will be long before we all get a bit twitchy and catch that travel bug again...
Signing out...
Our time in England was obviously very full as I really didn't have time to sort through photos and update the blog after mid June!!
July was filled with family and fun. Three highlights in particular: (1) the arrival of my niece Jessica. Having time with her for about three weeks was heavenly for all of us. (2) the family vacation in Cornwall, the second week when the sun came out!! and finally, (3) the Olympics.
Our first week in Cornwall was spent near Penzance. Jessica, Jake, Sofia, Emily, Beryl and I enjoyed a lovely converted barn as our home for a week. The weather was not great but we still were able to see some sights and truly RELAX!
The second week, Sally, Kate and John all joined us. We were on the lizard peninsula, in a lovely farmhouse with a great garden that allowed the kids to chase each other and play tag. The weather improved to the point that we had beautiful hot summer days and I think everyone, despite wearing sunscreen, got a tan!
It was sad to leave Cornwall at the end of July. But like everything in life, all things must come to an end. I took Jess into London and met up with her mom/dad. I then met back up with everyone again (apart from Beryl) and we spent about three days in London at the Olympics. We were fortunate enough to spend our last last afternoon with my brother, sister in law and Jess, which included a picnic in the park near Buckingham Palace, with Pimms, good food and of course, a little cricket activity!
We re-entered the United States on August 2 -- the heat and humidity relentless in their welcome!! We had to hit the ground running - kids were back in school the next day, soccer practices were already in full motion, visits to doctors, dentists etc... were made, and boxes needed to be retrieved from storage and unpacked. The list goes on...
We are finally more or less settled. But after such a great experience, I don't think it will be long before we all get a bit twitchy and catch that travel bug again...
Signing out...
No comments:
Post a Comment