Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Week by the Beach

After settling into our hotel in Burleigh Heads, we started our week off by going to Sea World with our friends.  It was a holiday so our friend's daughter Molly had the day off from school.  The seven of us made the most of the weather and filled our day with a dolphin show, underwater views of fish and sharks, rides and water fights!  We saw penguins, polar bears and ended our day with a jet ski show!  The kids had a blast!  Pictures from our day there are all at the end of this post.

So, that was Monday.  Tuesday came and our 'home schooling' began!  The kids did really well, spending the next four mornings with their noses in workbooks, math sheets, spelling words.  They both did some writing - hopefully we'll get their blogs updated as a result of these efforts!  We had to take breaks for a leisurely 'morning tea' at the local coffee shop.  They make one sweet as flat white and the babycinos (aka "fluffies') are free!  The afternoons were filled with dips in the pool, putt-putt, sandcastle building at the beach and walks.  Next week we will have a car!!!  So I hope we'll get out a little further.  Our time is going fast here at the Gold Coast.  There is a lot to do and see, and unfortunately I have a feeling we just won't get around to accomplishing everything we'd like. 

We're off to the beach shortly.  Tomorrow we will visit Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.  We've got the equivalent of a 'groupon' for this place - hopefully we can get a picture of the kids with a koala or snake!!  Sofia is desperate to hold a snake, but something tells me Jake doesn't share her desire.  Quite frankly, I don't either!!

We hope y'all are well!  Until I write again...


SEA WORLD...
Penguins...

Sofia & Molly

I did not touch but...

Rosie did!

The fish & shark tank...

The only way I want to see a shark is like this!

Dolphin show...

Sorry about the head in the way - but hopefully you can see the trainer riding two dolphins!


Trainers are standing on top of the dolphins' "noses"!

Up they all jump!

The ultimate water fight!

A better view...

Molly & Sofia coming down...

The girls pulling themselves back up!

Being goofy!

Jake & I had a turn...


The jet ski show -

No comments:

Post a Comment