Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Brief Note - Life in Auckland

We are settled into our home.  We got a car on Sunday.  The kids are into their second week of school.  After school activities are getting organized.  I have to admit I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do with myself now.  I'm not used to having a little down time...  I'm sure I will get used to it though! 

We've been to the beach several times (once via bus after school last week which was an adventure).  Sofia has a new friend at school named Tara AND a new canine buddy named Max.  Max belongs to our landlords who live right behind us.  The also have a son that Jake has hit if off with!  Sofia is "Master in Training" extraordinaire - she just has that special gift with animals.

Jake has been playing cricket during his lunch break with a group of kids.  He's going to play just down the road on Saturday mornings as well.  He's pretty excited about that. 

My parents arrive in just under two weeks!  We're pretty excited about it.  They are going to love NZ and likely wish they had longer.  I know we'll wish they had longer - but you take what you get! 

That's it for now - here are some photos of street performers in Auckland (city centre) and then just a couple of the kids...  Will send more soon...

Street Performer - this guy did some amazing tricks with the soccer ball!

Ex-Cirque-de-Soleil performer -- amazing stuff!

More acrobatics!

Start of the 360 degree spin from the top of a 15 foot pole!

Getting there...

FInished -- all on ONE hand...

First day at Wakaaranga!

Sofia and Max

1 comment:

  1. Hello Aunty Cath/ Catherine

    Great to read your blog, looking forward to seeing you. We still have snow, so like your sunny pictures! Miss you all! Lots of Love

    Beryl, Sally, Kate and Emily

    ReplyDelete